Church pianists understand there is a significant difference between accompanying a congregation and accompanying a small group or soloist. This course focuses on the latter.
This is a 1-hour course and includes a study guide with examples.
In this course you will learn:
- How to eliminate unnecessary notes
- Ideas for patterns you can play
We suggest that you know the following to be able to understand this course:
- How to read music (general basics such as naming notes, counting, key signatures, etc.).
- Basic theory. You need to know how to play a major scale. Ideally, you can build simple chords such as major and minor triads. If you need help in this area, consider purchasing Theory for Church Pianists.
- How to identify chords and chart a song. You should be able to work through a typical song in the hymnal and write in the chords you see. If you need help in this area, consider purchasing the course How to Chart a Song.