Delivery: Digital Download (PDF)
A church pianist resource for congregational singing incorporating creative intros, a pianistic hymnal stanza with optional repeats, transitions, modulations, and a reharmonized final stanza for some of the most beloved hymns of the church.
With the use of the arrangements in this collection, you’ll be able to accompany the first few stanzas of a hymn using standard hymnal harmonies and then transition to an optional reharmonized final stanza.
Intermediate pianists will discover new possibilities for improvising hymns. These arrangements will give you inspiration for your own experimentation. Advanced pianists will find a wealth of material that will accelerate their preparation, allowing them to focus on other needs in church music ministry.
Features of this collection include:
- A short intro. Introduce the hymn, establish the key, and set the tempo.
- A standard hymnal stanza. Closely following typical hymnbook harmonies, a creative and pianistic stanza serves to establish support and confidence as the congregation sings. Use the setting as a springboard for your own improvisation and embellishments.
- An optional repeat bar. Each arrangement includes a repeat measure which enables you to sing as many stanzas as desired.
- A transition into an optional final stanza, most often including a modulation. Most transitions include a key change up a minor or major second into an optional final stanza. Transitions are not lengthy and help to confidently establish the new key. Softer or more flowing hymns don’t always receive a modulation, but the transition effectively sets up the reharmonized optional final stanza.
- A reharmonized optional final stanza. Encourage the congregation to sing the melody in unison. Decide whether an altered tempo (slightly slower) is appropriate for stately hymns.
Select the Studio License option to be able to make copies for your students indefinitely. Buy once; print forever!
Companion product: Hymns Harmonized for Organ/Keyboard, Vol. 1.
You must log in to submit a review.